Please read these terms and conditions carefully
By making a booking for Group Entry or a Group Tour you warrant that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- PAYMENT FOR YOUR VISIT IS DUE PRIOR TO OR ON ARRIVAL. Your booking confirmation e-mail will include an itemised Tax Invoice. Any changes to numbers can be calculated prior to arrival, or on arrival at check in, and the costs will be adjusted accordingly. Payment is required as a SINGLE TOTAL amount. Separate payments by individuals will not be accepted at the discounted rates. Please note that we do not accept personal cheques however business and or company cheques are accepted.
a. Cancellation or rescheduling of an existing booking(s) must be provided in writing and given with a minimum of 24 hours notice. Cancellation/reschedule requests can be e-mailed via the “Contact us” page, or faxed to (02) 6287 8401, and require confirmation by the National Zoo.
b. If less than 24 hours notice is given of a cancellation of a GUIDED TOUR, or you fail to attend, the Guide fee will be payable (General Groups – $180 per guide. For Schools – 1 Guide per 25-30 students booked @ $45 each) Bad Weather excepted.
- Group Bookings for Primary/High school, Pre-School, Day-Care centres etc should have the required adult:child/student supervision ratios. We allow a Free of Charge ratio of Adults to children to encourage adequate supervision. Please view the Supervision Ratios and Pricing (via the Group Bookings page).
b. Whilst in the park, children/students are not permitted to wander around unattended, and must be supervised at all times.
c. Due to the size of the Gift Shop,Children/students wishing to purchase items from souvenir shop MUST be accompanied by supervising adults IN GROUPS OF NO MORE THAN 5 STUDENTS AT ONE TIME.
- GUIDED TOURS, when booked, begin at the time outlined in your booking confirmation. Please be at the Zoo 1/2 hour prior. Be aware that tours cannot be extended (run overtime) for late arrivals. If you wish to have morning tea/lunch etc prior to your guided tour, please allow for this in advance.
b. Minimum age for participating in animal interactions on Tours is 4 years old.
c. Children & students under 18 years of age will need Indemnity forms signed by a parent in order to participate in the feeding of the larger mammals. These can be signed by accompanying parents on arrival, or downloaded from our Education page for prior completion.
- Animals at the National Zoo & Aquarium are on very specific diets and are not to be fed under any circumstances. Any visitor(s) seen feeding (unless supervised by a zookeeper) or harassing animals within the zoo and aquarium will be asked to leave immediately.
- Alcohol is not permitted within the zoo grounds (unless with prior arrangement as part of a function booking).
- As we are a quarantine facility, members of the public are prohibited from bringing any domestic animal(s) onto the grounds or into the car park at any time.
- Balloons, streamers, confetti or anything that could be a choking hazard for an animal are not permitted on the zoo grounds at any time.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring bikes (includes three wheelers for toddlers) scooters, roller-shoes/skates/blades, pull along carts, or anything else that they could ride on or in, into the zoo. Prams and wheelchairs are permitted.
- Whistles of any type are not to be brought into or used on the zoo grounds by visitors under any circumstances. These are used by park staff in the case of an extreme emergency.
- You are not permitted to enter the zoo until cleared by a staff member in our reception area.
Please ensure that any accompanying adults, supervisors and teachers are advised of our terms and conditions, as well as any safety guidelines prior to entering the zoo. Thank you.