Check In CBR
In accordance with the Public Health Direction currently in place, you will be required to register your details using the Check In CBR app as you are entering the site. Please download the app before arriving to ensure a smooth experience.
The National Zoo and Aquarium takes its COVID-19 response extremely seriously and prioritises the welfare of its animals, staff and guests at all times.
Current ‘COVID affected area’ are as designated by the ACT COVID-19 website: www.covid19.act.gov.au/community/travel.
Please also do not visit the zoo or Jamala if you have any COVID related symptoms.
If you feel unwell or are showing any symptoms prior to your arrival please contact the team as soon as practicable to discuss further.
Whilst there will be strict social distancing measures and capacity restrictions on indoor areas inline with ACT Government regulations, the zoo and aquarium will be otherwise wise be open as normal.
Visitors will need to ensure they are in groups of no more than 100 people (including children) with physical distancing of 1.5 metres whilst visiting the zoo.
What changes have we made to keep you safe?
- Extra sanitising stations will be available across the site
- We are encouraging tickets to be purchased online, but are also available at the entrance
- We have increased cleaning schedules in any high risk or high traffic areas
- The Adventure Trail around the site will be encouraged to promote smooth traffic flow and reduce grouping
- Additional staff and volunteers will be onsite to ensure social distancing guidelines are being followed
- Foodservice outlets will operation with separate entry and exit points, and encourage contactless payment options
- Keeper talks will remain postponed to avoid grouping
The animals and staff are excited to welcome back all visitors and ask that everyone assists us to maintain a safe environment for all by maintaining social distancing and good personal hygiene.
Please do not visit the zoo if you are unwell or have been directed to self-isolate.