JZK & KFD Terms & Conditions
- Prior to a booking being made, the National Zoo & Aquarium must be notified of any disability that may prevent a child from understanding directions, could result in unpredictable behaviour, or that interferes with a child’s mobility – or if your child has special needs – please contact the zoo to discuss.
- Although every effort is made to ensure that children attending Junior Zoo Keeper or Keeper for Day will feed, interact with and see certain animals, no guarantee is offered to this effect. We can not predict the behaviour of any animal, nor will we force them to perform.
- The National Zoo & Aquarium reserves the right to remove, from the session, any person(s) believed to be a danger or potential risk to their or anyone else’s safety.
- Primary School: available to children attending years 3 – 6 ONLY.
- High School: available to children attending Year 7 – Year 10 ONLY.
- Morning sessions: Drop off is between 8.30am and 9.00am. Pick up is at 12pm.
- Afternoon sessions: Drop off is between 12.45pm and 1.00pm. Pick up at 4.00pm.
- To book over the phone, please call (02) 6287 8400 and follow the prompts. Please note that the online discounts offered to customers will not apply for phone bookings.
- Bookings and Voucher purchases are non refundable. Credits/exchanges are available.
- Cancelling/rescheduling an existing session/booking for Keeper for a Day can be done up to 7 days prior to your booked date and a rescheduling fee of $5.00 per child will apply and must be paid at the time of the change. In the case where a child can not attend, payment for the existing session can be carried over to a future reservation. You will be issued with a voucher to re book another time. Re-scheduling a booking can only be done by phoning the National Zoo & Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400, and available places in the current program cannot be guaranteed. Bookings cancelled within 7 days of the booked date (including non attendance due to illness) will result in forfeiture of 100% of the full fee.
- Swapping session days or times in Junior ZooKeeper, once the program has commenced cannot be guaranteed and is subject to availability.
- NOTE: DUE TO SAFETY REGULATIONS, CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING NUTS OF ANY TYPE – OR PRODUCTS THAT MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS
- Children attending should wear enclosed shoes.
- Children attending should have sunscreen applied and packed for the day.
- Children attending should be dressed for the weather.
The following must be read and accepted by a parent or legal guardian prior to attendance. A printed copy will be provided for completion upon arrival.
1. Realising that every care will be exercised, I hereby indemnify the National Zoo & Aquarium and its staff against all actions, suits, claims and demands (including costs) for personal injury or damage to, or loss of, personal property incurred as a result of my child’s attendance at this program.
2. In the case of accident or emergency, I give my permission for the National Zoo & Aquarium staff to seek medical treatment by a medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service. I agree to bear any costs thereby incurred.
The information I have provided in this booking is true and accurate.