Front of House Casuals
Casual work is currently available in our Front of House area for outgoing people who love a busy work environment. We are looking for staff available during the week and also for weekend and public/school holiday work.
Experience in retail or cafe work is an advantage but not necessary.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- greeting and processing general entry customers
- checking in tour participants
- answering phone enquiries and emails
- making coffee
- serving and handling food
- selling products at our retail venues
The successful applicant will need to be flexible and a team player. Own transport is also preferred.
Please send your resume to: [email protected] – by close of business Monday 16th September.
Casual Visitor Experience Guide
Our Visitor Experience team acts as ambassadors for the zoo and its conservation work. The team prides itself on its innovative, informative and highly interactive tours to inspire and assist in the conservation of the natural world.
Visitor experience guides will be expected to:
- Convey a passion for animals and their conservation in a relatable and friendly manner.
- Work creatively both independently and as part of a team.
- Be energetic, adaptable and versatile; undertaking an active role outdoors in a range of weather conditions.
- Possess excellent communication skills, demonstrating a high level of enthusiasm engaging with audiences from young children to adults, in varying group sizes.
- Work confidently and closely with a range of animals (including reptiles and invertebrates) to facilitate positive guest experiences.
- Maintain subtle control of a tour group, handling issues relating to the zoo professionally.
- Utilise constructive feedback to inform ongoing development.
All applicants must have:
- Current drivers licence
- Current Working with Vulnerable Peoples Card, or willingness to obtain
- Public speaking/customer service experience
- Qualifications in zoology and/or education
- Ability to speak a language other than English
- Experience working with children
For further information regarding this position, please contact Sarah at [email protected]