The school holiday program with a difference!
Zoocation offers a unique experience for primary aged children. During a fun-filled day, children will get up close and personal with many of the zoo’s animals, play games, make toys for the animals, and will learn something along the way. Staffed and developed by the experienced and qualified Education Guides of the National Zoo and Aquarium, this program prides itself on delivering a program like no other. Zoocation runs between the hours of 9am-4pm on weekdays during ACT school holidays.
Bookings are $80.00 per child per day. During the booking process you will be required to provide emergency contact details, and information regarding your child’s medical requirements, if any. If you are making a booking over the phone, please have these details on hand prior to phoning.
*It is important to book your child into the appropriate group according to the year they are in at school in 2020. DO NOT BOOK Kindy & Year 1 children into the Senior program. Your booking will be cancelled and made into a voucher to use in the next program.
The Red Group: especially designed for children in Kindergarten and Year One, this program is targeted to the younger animal lover, with smaller groups and appropriate activities.
Please do not book your child into the senior group if there are no vacancies in the Junior Group.
Yellow and Blue Groups: for children in school Years 2 to 6. Zoocation is divided into two groups, providing appropriate programming for children across the Primary School age group. See the session outlines for more details of daily activities.
- Runs for a maximum of 10 days during every holiday period.
- Sessions run from 9.00am – 4.00pm.
- Limited supervision available until 5.00pm ONLY
- Is available to children attending Primary School
- Includes exciting animal-related activities every day (see session outlines)
- Exposes your child to the fascinating Zoological world
What to Bring
- A packed lunch & snacks (and/or place a lunch order at drop off)
- A water bottle as Zoocation is an outdoor program
- Wet weather gear in case of rain
- Enclosed shoes
- Drop off is at 9.00 and pick-up is between 3.30pm and 4pm, through the regular Front Entry.
- You will be required to signyour child in and out. You will also need to fill out an Indemnity Form on arrival — save time and print this form to hand in on the first day. Download the Zoocation Indemnity Form.
- Limited supervision is available until 5.00pm at no extra charge.
- Please note — there will be a charge of $50 for late pick ups after 5pm.
- Zoocation is nut free!
- Due to animals being involved in our program, we are not eligible for the CCR.
As this program is extremely popular, we encourage you to book early for these sessions.
The easiest way to book is online, alternatively you can phone or call. Bookings are $80.00 per child per day. If there is no calendar displaying on the booking page, it means that the program is completely booked out.
Please note — you must book your child into the appropriate group according to the year they are in school in 2020. Please do not book younger children (years K-1) in the senior group (years 2-6).
Please do not book without reading the Terms & Conditions. Bookings are non refundable.
January 2020 sessions run from Monday 6th January – Thursday 9th January and Monday 13th January – Thursday 15th January.
Bookings will open Monday 2nd December at 9am.