Interactive Tours and Encounters & Jamala Wildlife Lodge
Cancellation Policies for General Tour and Animal Encounters
- All Bookings and Voucher purchases are non-refundable.
- Bookings can be transferred to another person’s name, provided they meet the terms and conditions of the encounter/tour.
- Any changes to an existing booking can only be done by phoning the National Zoo and Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400.
- Cancelling/rescheduling an existing booking can be done up to 7 days prior to your Tour/Encounter and a rescheduling fee of $5.00 per person will apply. If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a voucher/s can be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Vouchers have a 12 month expiry.
- Bookings cancelled within 7 days of your Tour/Encounter will result in forfeiture of 100% of the full fee. No transfer of booking date will be offered (with the exception of medical & other emergencies in which case you will be asked to provide supporting documentation. Fees will apply).
- W.O.W Tour participants may reschedule up to 7 days prior, for a $5 fee per person. Rescheduling within 7 days of your Tour will incur a fee of 50%. If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a voucher/s can be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Vouchers have a 12 month expiry.
- All fees incurred for any changes to your booking as outlined above, are payable at the time of the change. The National Zoo and Aquarium reserves the right to charge any fees incurred to the credit card originally used to make your online booking.
- If you miss your booked time as a result of being late or through simply not showing up, you will not be permitted to re-schedule and you will forfeit any monies paid.
- Heavy rain and or high wind or electrical storms may require a booking to be rescheduled. Refunds for booking cancellation/rescheduling due to weather conditions are decided upon and approved solely by the National Zoo & Aquarium.
- Zoo entry for participants in Zooventure, Meet-a-Cheetah and W.O.W is FREE and applies to the day of the tour/encounter. General Admission is NOT included in an Animal Encounter – eg Giraffe, Red Panda, Sun Bear, White Lion, Tree Kangaroo, Owl, Meerkat, Tiger etc
- A maximum of 2 places per time-slot may be booked by any one or more customers for Meet a Cheetah, and a maximum of 2 – 4 places per time-slot may be booked by any one or more customers for an Animal Encounter, as available.
Jamala Wildlife lodge
Full prepayment is required at the time of booking. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
Credit Card Surcharge
Like most hotels, Jamala charges a fee of 1.3 % for Visa/Mastercard & 1.8% for Amex credit cards. Unlike other hotels, we donate the nett proceeds of this to wildlife conservation funds that protect species in the wild, prevent habitat destruction and/or discourage poaching by limiting the trade in wildlife.
- Prior to Arrival: 60 days or more | Full Refund
- 30-59 days | 50% of total monies paid will be refunded
- 29 days or less | All monies will be forfeited
No refund can be given in the event of non-arrival or any unused services due to weather disruption or animal welfare. We recommend that you protect yourself with Travel Insurance. Rates are subject to change without notice.
*Please note that whilst the National Zoo & Aquarium and Jamala Wildlife Lodge endeavour to give guests a memorable experience with our native and exotic animals, fish and reptiles, no guarantees can be given as to what animal interactions may be available and/or how an animal may behave on any given day.