The school holiday program with a difference!
Zoocation offers a unique experience for primary aged children. During a fun-filled day, children will get up close and personal with many of the zoo’s animals, play games, make toys for the animals, and will learn something along the way. Staffed and developed by the experienced and qualified Education Guides of the National Zoo and Aquarium, this program prides itself on delivering a program like no other. Zoocation runs between the hours of 9am-4pm on weekdays during ACT school holidays.
Book Online and receive a discount of $5.00 per child per day = $75.00.
Bookings made over the phone or counter are $80.00 per child per day. During the booking process you will be required to provide emergency contact details, and information regarding your child’s medical requirements, if any. If you are making a booking over the phone, please have these details on hand prior to phoning. You can also purchase Vouchers for gift giving.
** Next Zoocation will run from the 26-29 September, then 3-6 October 2017. Bookings are now open.
***NOTE – Zoocation JUNIOR is BOOKED OUT. DO NOT BOOK Kindy & Year 1 children into the Senior program. Your booking will be cancelled and made into a voucher to use in the next program.
The Red Group: especially designed for children in Kindergarten and Year One, this program is targeted to the younger animal lover, with smaller groups and appropriate activities.
Please do not book your child into the senior group if their are no vacancies in the Junior Group.
Yellow and Blue Groups: for children in school Years 2 to 6. Zoocation is divided into two groups, providing appropriate programming for children across the Primary School age group. See the session outlines for more details of daily activities.
- Runs for a maximum of 10 days during every holiday period.
- Sessions run from 9.00am – 4.00pm.
- Limited supervision available until 5.00pm ONLY
- Is available to children attending Primary School
- Includes exciting animal-related activities every day (see session outlines)
- Exposes your child to the fascinating Zoological world
What to Bring
- A packed lunch & snacks (and/or place a lunch order at drop off)
- A water bottle as Zoocation is an outdoor program
- Wet weather gear in case of rain
- Enclosed shoes
- Drop off is at 9.00 and pick-up is between 3.30pm and 4pm, through the regular Front Entry.
- You will be required to signyour child in and out. You will also need to fill out an Indemnity Form on arrival — save time and print this form to hand in on the first day. Download the Zoocation Indemnity Form.
- Limited supervision is available until 5.00pm at no extra charge.
- Please note — there will be a charge of $50 for late pick ups after 5pm. If zoo reception has closed, you will be contacted the following day and asked to pay this fee via credit card over the phone.
- Zoocation is nut free!
- Due to animals being involved in our program, we are not eligible for the CCR.
As this program is extremely popular, we encourage you to book early for these sessions.
Bookings can be made in advance online, around 5 – 6 weeks prior to commencement.
The easiest way to book is online. You will get a discounted rate of $75 per child — see link below*. Alternatively you can phone or call in to make your booking at the regular rate of $80 per child.
Please note — you must book your child into the appropriate group according to the year they are in school in 2017. Please do not book younger children (years K-1) in the senior group (years 2-6).
To book a Zoocation place or buy a Gift Voucher, click the button below. Do you have a Gift Voucher? Redeem Here.
Please do not book without reading the Terms & Conditions. Bookings and Voucher purchases are non refundable.