Interactive Tours and Encounters & Jamala Wildlife Lodge
Cancellation Policies for General Tour and Animal Encounters
- All Bookings and Voucher purchases are non-refundable.
- Any changes to an existing booking can only be done by phoning the National Zoo and Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400.
- Cancelling/rescheduling an existing booking can be done up to 24 hours prior to your Tour/Encounter and a rescheduling fee of $5.00 per person will apply (excluding the W.O.W tour). If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a voucher/s will be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Fees apply.
- Rescheduling within 24 hours of your Tour/Encounter will incur a fee of $20 per person (excluding the W.O.W tour). If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a voucher/s will be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Fees apply.
- W.O.W Tour participants may reschedule up to 5 days in advance, for a $5 fee per person. Rescheduling within 5 days of your Tour will incur a fee of $50 per booking. Rescheduling on the day of your Tour will incur a fee of $50 per person (minimum $100 per booking). If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a voucher/s will be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Fees apply.
- All fees incurred for any changes to your booking as outlined above, are payable at the time of the change. The National Zoo and Aquarium reserves the right to charge any fees incurred to the credit card originally used to make your online booking.
- Bookings can be transferred to another person’s name, provided they meet the terms and conditions.
- If you miss your booked time as a result of being late or through simply not showing up, without prior notice, you will not have the opportunity to reschedule and will forfeit any monies paid.
- Heavy rain and or high wind or electrical storms may require a booking to be rescheduled. Refunds for booking cancellation/rescheduling due to weather conditions are decided upon and approved solely by the National Zoo and Aquarium.
- Entry for participants in Zooventure, Meet-a-Cheetah and W.O.W is included in the purchase price and applies to the day of the tour/encounter. General Admission is not included in an Animal Encounter – Giraffe/Eland, Red Panda, Shark, Sun Bear, Otters, Tamarin Monkeys and White Lions.
- A maximum of 2 places per time-slot may be booked by any one or more customers for Meet a Cheetah, and a maximum of 2 – 4 places per time-slot may be booked by any one or more customers for an Animal Encounter.
Jamala Wildlife lodge
Full prepayment is required at the time of booking. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
Credit Card Surcharge
Like most hotels, Jamala charges a fee of 1.75% for credit cards. Unlike other hotels, we donate the nett proceeds of this to wildlife conservation funds that protect species in the wild, prevent habitat destruction and/or discourage poaching by limiting the trade in wildlife.
- Prior to Arrival: 60 days or more | Full Refund
- 30-59 days | 50% of total monies paid will be refunded
- 29 days or less | All monies will be forfeited
No refund can be given in the event of non-arrival or any unused services due to weather disruption or animal welfare. We recommend that you protect yourself with Travel Insurance. Rates are subject to change without notice.
*Please note that whilst the National Zoo & Aquarium and Jamala Wildlife Lodge endeavour to give guests a memorable experience with our native and exotic animals, fish and reptiles, no guarantees can be given as to what animal interactions may be available and/or how an animal may behave on any given day.