Zoocation Terms & Conditions
- Zoocation: available to children attending years 2 – 6 ONLY.
- Zoocation Junior: available to children attending Kindy – Year 1 ONLY.
- Drop off is between 9.00am and 9.30am.
- Pick up is between 4.00pm and 4.30pm.
- Limited supervision is available at no extra charge until the zoo closes at 5.00pm.
- Late pick ups after 5pm will be charged $50.
- Prior to a booking being made, the National Zoo & Aquarium must be notified of any disability that may prevent someone from understanding directions, could result in unpredictable behaviour, or that interferes with a persons mobility.
- Although every effort is made to ensure that children attending Zoocation will feed, interact with and see certain animals, no guarantee is offered to this effect. We can not predict the behaviour of any animal, nor will we force them to perform.
- The National Zoo & Aquarium reserves the right to remove, from the session, any person(s) believed to be a danger or potential risk to their or anyone else’s safety.
- Please note that online bookings receive a discount of $5.00 per person (reflected in prices). If you are booking with a gift voucher you may redeem this online, or you can call (02) 6287 8400 to make your reservation.
- To book over the phone, please call (02) 6287 8400 and follow the prompts. Please note that the online discounts offered to customers will not apply for phone bookings.
- Bookings are non-refundable.
- Re-scheduling an existing booking can be done up to the day prior. Re-scheduling a booking can only be done by phoning the National Zoo & Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400, and available places cannot be guaranteed. A re-scheduling fee of $5.00 per child, per day booked will apply and must be paid at the time of the change.
- In the case of illness, please call 6287 8402 as soon as possible. In the case where a child can not attend, a voucher will be issued to enable a future reservation (within 12 months) and a fee will apply for the cancellation of the booking. This is $5 for notification the day before, or $20 if cancelled on the day of the booking.
- Bookings can only be made with full payment or with a credit from a previous session.
- Lunch orders can be placed and paid for on arrival. Morning and afternoon tea is not provided and should be packed. Lunch may also be packed if preferred. Children are not able to visit the cafe or gift shop during the day.
NOTE: DUE TO SAFETY REGULATIONS, CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING NUTS OF ANY TYPE – OR PRODUCTS THAT MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS
- Children attending should wear enclosed shoes.
- Children attending should have sunscreen applied and packed for the day.
The following must be read and accepted by a parent or legal guardian prior to attendance. A printed copy will be provided for completion upon arrival.
1. Realising that every care will be exercised, I hereby indemnify the National Zoo & Aquarium and its staff against all actions, suits, claims and demands (including costs) for personal injury or damage to, or loss of, personal property incurred as a result of my child’s attendance at the Zoocation program.
2. In the case of accident or emergency, I give my permission for the National Zoo & Aquarium staff to seek medical treatment by a medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service. I agree to bear any costs thereby incurred.
The information I have provided in this booking is true and accurate.