Zoocation Terms & Conditions
- Zoocation: available to children attending years 2 – 6 ONLY.
- Zoocation Junior: available to children attending Kindy – Year 1 ONLY.
- Drop off is between 9.00am and 9.30am.
- Pick up is between 4.00pm and 4.30pm.
- Limited supervision is available at no extra charge until the zoo closes at 5.00pm.
- Late pick ups after 5pm will be charged $50.
- Prior to a booking being made, the National Zoo & Aquarium must be notified of any disability that may prevent a child from understanding directions, could result in unpredictable behaviour, or that interferes with a child’s mobility.
- Although every effort is made to ensure that children attending Zoocation will feed, interact with and see certain animals, no guarantee is offered to this effect. We can not predict the behaviour of any animal, nor will we force them to perform.
- The National Zoo & Aquarium reserves the right to remove, from the session, any person(s) believed to be a danger or potential risk to their or anyone else’s safety.
- Please note that online bookings receive a discount of $5.00 per person (reflected in prices). If you are booking with a gift voucher you may redeem this online, or you can call (02) 6287 8400 to make your reservation.
- To book over the phone, please call (02) 6287 8400 and follow the prompts. Please note that the online discounts offered to customers will not apply for phone bookings.
- Bookings and Voucher purchases are non refundable. Credits/exchanges are available.
- Cancelling/rescheduling an existing booking can be done up to 7 days prior to your booked date and a rescheduling fee of $5.00 per child will apply and must be paid at the time of the change. In the case where a child can not attend, payment for the existing session can be carried over to a future reservation. You will be issued with a voucher to re book another time. Re-scheduling a booking can only be done by phoning the National Zoo & Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400, and available places in the current program cannot be guaranteed.
- Bookings cancelled within 7 days of the booked date (including non attendance due to illness) will result in forfeiture of 100% of the full fee.
- Bookings can only be made with full payment or with a credit voucher from a previous session.
- Lunch orders can be placed and paid for on arrival. Morning and afternoon tea is not provided and should be packed. Lunch may also be packed if preferred. Children are not able to visit the cafe or gift shop during the day.
NOTE: DUE TO SAFETY REGULATIONS, CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING NUTS OF ANY TYPE – OR PRODUCTS THAT MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF NUTS
- Children attending should wear enclosed shoes.
- Children attending should have sunscreen applied and packed for the day.
The following must be read and accepted by a parent or legal guardian prior to attendance. A printed copy will be provided for completion upon arrival.
1. Realising that every care will be exercised, I hereby indemnify the National Zoo & Aquarium and its staff against all actions, suits, claims and demands (including costs) for personal injury or damage to, or loss of, personal property incurred as a result of my child’s attendance at the Zoocation program.
2. In the case of accident or emergency, I give my permission for the National Zoo & Aquarium staff to seek medical treatment by a medical practitioner, hospital or ambulance service. I agree to bear any costs thereby incurred.
The information I have provided in this booking is true and accurate.