Please read these terms and conditions carefully
General Tour and Animal Encounters
- Bookings and voucher purchases are non-refundable. No refund will be given for any unused services or non-arrival.
- Bookings can be transferred to another person’s name, provided they meet the terms and conditions of the encounter/tour.
- Any changes to an existing booking can only be done by phoning the National Zoo and Aquarium on (02) 6287 8400.
- Cancelling/rescheduling an existing booking can be done up to 7 days prior to your Tour/Encounter and a rescheduling fee of $5.00 per person will apply. If another date cannot be chosen at the time, a voucher/s can be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Vouchers have a 12 month expiry.
- Bookings cancelled within 7 days of your Tour/Encounter will result in forfeiture of 100% of the full fee. No transfer of booking date will be offered (with the exception of medical & other emergencies in which case you will be asked to provide supporting documentation. Fees will apply).
- W.O.W Tour participants may reschedule up to 7 days prior, for a $5 fee per person. Rescheduling within 7 days of your Tour will incur a fee of 50%. If another date cannot be chosen at the time of rescheduling, a voucher/s can be issued to book at a later date at your convenience. Vouchers have a 12 month expiry.
- All fees incurred for any changes to your booking as outlined above, are payable at the time of the change. The National Zoo & Aquarium reserves the right to recharge any fees incurred to the credit card originally used to make your online booking.
- If you miss your booked time as a result of being late or through simply not showing up, you will not be permitted to re-schedule and you will forfeit any monies paid.
- Heavy rain, high wind or electrical storms may require the rescheduling/cancellation of a booking. Refunds for booking cancellations due to weather conditions are decided upon and approved solely by the National Zoo & Aquarium.
- Participants in ZooVenture, Meet a Cheetah, Family Tour and WOW have FREE General Admission into the National Zoo & Aquarium on the set date of their Tour/Encounter only. General Admission is NOT included in an Animal Encounter – Giraffe, Red Panda, Sun Bear, Owls, Tree Kangaroo, Rhino, Meerkats and White Lions.
- A maximum of 2 places per time-slot may be booked by any one or more customers for Meet a Cheetah, and a maximum of 2 – 4 places per time-slot may be booked by any one or more customers for an Animal Encounter, as available